Your apology doesn’t count if it starts with any of the following:
- I’m sorry you were offended
- I’m sorry you think that
- I’m sorry it upsets you
- I’m sorry you misinterpreted
- I’m sorry, but you
- I’m sorry, but if you had
- I’m sorry. *continues to do the thing they apologized for*
- *sarcastically* Well, sooOOOoOOOoooorry.
if your apology involves calling the person you’re talking to the problem, it isn’t an apology at all.
Mainly, apologize for YOUR actions and words, not for how the person feels.
Today, I’m very excited to announce the launch of a product we’ve been wanting to build for quite some time now. Since our launch in October of 2010, we’ve focused on building a simple app that has inspired creativity while capturing everyday moments through the lens of your mobile phone. In…